When it’s time to replace an electric shaver it can be overwhelming choosing the best electric shaver, with all the choices to choose from nowadays. The Philips Norelco 1150X/46 6100 electric shaver is backed by a great brand name, but is still affordably priced. This is a cheaper rotary-style cordless shaver that will still provide a clean smooth shave, despite it’s lower price. It’s simple to clean, but does not have any fancy extra gadgets.
The Philips Norelo is a rotary-style electric shaver available in a blue and black plastic casing. It features ampatented 2D face contouring system, that moves with the curves of your face. It’s designed to minimize any irritation from the shaving experience. It won’t snag or tug hairs, minimizing any sort of pain or unpleasantness.The rotary head contains dual precision heads that are embedded with small slots. These enable the shaver to snip longer hairs that you have let grow over a weekend. These slots will also effectively clip off the shortest hairs, particularly if you wish to do a touch-up shave during the day. The Philips Skinglide system will smoothly move over the entire surface of your face and neck. You can choose to use this cordless shaver wet or dry. Its Aquatec technology will protect the insides of the shaver if your choose to use it in the shower, or in the sink. You can use soap, gels, foams, creams, and lotions to ease your facial shaving. If you have sideburns, a mustache, or a trim beard the clip off precision trimmer head will enable you to carefully trim around the edges. There is no fancy charging and cleaning system, so you’ll simply place it on its stand to charge. It will take one hour of charging time to give you up to forty minutes of shaving time during the week. If you forget to plug it in you can still have a quick shave after letting it charge for three minutes. It’s easy to clean. Rinse it under the sink, shake off, and let dry. This is a great shaver to bring on trips. It has a worldwide voltage adjustment so you can switch from 100 volts to 240 volts quite easily. You’ll still need a special plug though.
The Philips Norelco is affordably priced at around $90. It weighs about 1.2 pounds, and is powered by a lithium ion battery to make it rechargeable. Inside the box you’ll receive one rechargeable electric shaver, a charging stand, a precision trimmer, head cap, power cord, and a cleaning brush. It’s back by a two year manufacturer’s warranty. If you prefer rotary-style electric shavers, the Philips Norelco 1150X/46 Shaver 6100 is the perfect choice for when your budget is under $100. You’re getting a great shaver at this price, when most Philips electric shavers are priced higher than this. But at this price point you can’t expect any fancy charging and cleaning systems. If you looking for other Philips products see Philips shaver review page on ShaverGuru.
For new moms like me, we are always excited to buy items for our precious ones like clothes, toys, accessories, feeding bottles, and others. One of the gadgets that would ensure parent’s peace of mind is the baby monitor. When I was looking for the best baby monitor on babymonitorninja.com, I found some really expensive monitors like the $230 Wifi Baby Monitor! You might already be tempted to purchase a set now, but do you really need to? Aside from its cost, you won’t need to use it long term anyway.
I was lucky to discover that there are several ways for you to make an improvised baby monitor for free. This involves the use of gadgets that you may already have. Your device options could be: computer to computer, tablet to tablet, mobile phone to computer or tablet, and vice-versa. The only requirement for any device is that it should be capable of video calling and can be connected to the internet or WiFi.
In my case, I have used my computer and Smartphone in setting up my unique baby monitor. Here is a step-by-step instruction on how I did it:
- Set up your computer on the baby’s room. I have chosen to use my existing computer for this project since it is more stable than a tablet or mobile phone. You can alternately use a laptop. Install and configure your webcam if you are to use an external camera. The good thing about detachable webcams is that you can flexibly place them anywhere on the table. Before moving on to the next steps, ensure that your computer is connected to the internet.
- Download and install Skype on the computer and your phone. The next step is to install Skype on both devices. Skype will serve as the program or platform for the remote monitoring of your baby. After installing, you should have two Skype account; one for the computer and one for your mobile phone.
- Customize the Skype settings on the computer. The idea is for you to contact the computer located on the baby’s room remotely. This requires the Skype program on the computer to automatically accept calls and initiate video calls. Log-on to your Skype account on your computer, and then go to “Tools” and then “Options”. From the menu on the left, click on “Calls” or “Call Settings”. Click on “Show advanced options” and check “Answer incoming calls automatically” then “Start my video automatically when I am in a call”.
- Increase the computer’s microphone volume and decrease its speaker volume. If you also want to hear the audio when you monitor your baby, increase the computer’s microphone volume. On the other hand, you might also want to decrease or totally mute the computer’s speakers to prevent waking or disturbing the baby with the computer’s noise.
- Call the computer’s Skype account to monitor your baby. Whenever you want to monitor or check on your baby, just call the computer’s Skype account using your Smartphone with your other account. Since the computer is already set up to automatically initiate a video call, you will automatically be presented with a live video feed of your baby and the things happening in his/her room. Your DIY baby monitor is ready to use!
As a final note, you have to remember that your mobile phone and the computer inside the room should be connected to the internet to function. For the computer or laptop, you can use a wired internet connection. But for your mobile or Smartphone, you will require a WiFi or wireless networks. A home wireless network is now a service provided by almost all internet companies, so this shouldn’t be a problem.
Global warming is a serious issue that should get more attention and concern from everyone. Crazy climate changes in the Unites States have finally shed light on the global issue, but not much is still being done to help the matter. As the Arctic ice caps recede and the Arctic sea ice disappearing at an alarming rate, it’s time everyone paid close attention to the consequences of global warming to help alleviate the problem.
But the ice caps aren’t the only pieces of evidence that something must be done about global warming. They’re only one pieces of the puzzle and a clue that the world is steadily getting warmer. The past 37 years have been warmer than the whole 20th century average, with the 12 warmest years on record happening since 1998. And for the United States, 2012 was the hottest year ever recorded for the nation.
The reason for it all is us. We as a planet are overloading earth’s atmosphere with tons of carbon dioxide, which ends up as heat traps that drive up world’s temperature. Plus, cutting down the earth’s forests doesn’t help matters since there are not enough green trees too soak up all that carbon dioxide.
Although it’s practically impossible to completely control the output of carbon, we can set examples and create standards and measures to reduce carbon output. It was believed that the U.S. was the leader in greenhouse gases, but it’s actually Asia, with places like China not exactly willing to limit their growth to reduce their carbon dioxide output. So it’s up to those willing to stand against global warming to correct the situation. Setting standards for cleaner energy and new technologies can make an impact in global warming. By transitioning from coal to cleaner-burning natural gas, we can reduce the numbers of global warming.
But that’s not all. If local, state and federal governments helped in the matter and made fewer government restrictions on things like home solar panels and implemented a nationwide carbon tax, its citizens would be more willing to reduce the impacts of global warming.
We have to act now to tackle the issue of global warming. We must do all we can to reduce our global warming emissions and look toward new and clean technologies to help us to that. Unless we take immediate action to help decrease the impacts of global warming, we’ll see more harmful effects on our health and our environment. If we do nothing, the consequences of global warming will continue to grow at an even higher rate and we’ll then get to a point where nothing can be done. It’s important to be able to do something now, while we still have time or else global warming will be the end to us all.
Technology has transformed the way how vehicles are designed and manufactured. It has also improved the performance of modern day cars. But all the improvements are not only limited to the car itself, drivers and passengers have their own share of benefits as well in the form of onboard gadgets. Any car enthusiast will have at least one gadget installed in his or her car. And these technologies will continue to change the auto industry and the lives of people as a whole.
Here are some examples of old and new auto gadgets and their corresponding effects to users:
- Car Stereo. Probably the oldest and still the most popular technological piece inside any car is the stereo or audio system. The most high-tech car stereos today feature wireless connections, multiple device compatibility, mobile phone capability, etc.
- GPS Navigation System. GPS is the gadget that revolutionized the way drivers navigate. Now, there’s no longer that excuse of getting lost. The latest GPS systems can let you avoid traffic and even instruct directions through voice without the need for you to glance on the screen.
- Onboard computer. The technology which still has lots of potential in the auto industry is the onboard computer. Computers help automate almost all the car functions and accessories. There are also programs and systems that are now capable of performing tests on your car’s efficiency, road worthiness, and existing problems.
- Various entertainment and compatibility gadgets. These are the gadgets designed to entertain drivers and passengers like the newest Apple Car Play.
Better Driving and Riding Experience
The foremost change that people experienced from having smarter cars is obviously better driving and riding experience. Cars are no longer mere modes of transportation. A lot of people now consider it as an extension of their comfort zone. Technological gadgets and accessories have eliminated almost all the driving problems of yesterday. No one will ever get lost driving and everything can be achieved through touch of buttons.
The ultimate goal of technological improvements on vehicles is really to improve driving safety. There are now; gadgets and car entertainment systems that won’t even remove your focus on the road, computer programs that prevent you from over-speeding, anti-sleep driving alarms, cameras that let you fully see your car’s rear and sides, sensors that detect closing-in vehicles, and BMW’s night vision technology that lets you drive safely through the night. In fact, automotive engineers are now developing cars which can drive autonomously, featuring several layers of security and safety protocols.
Cars Smarter than Drivers
If there are positive changes to drivers and passengers, smart cars will also have their own drawbacks. And these will become more prevalent in the future when almost every aspect of the car is automated. Cars are becoming smarter than drivers. So don’t be surprised when people will no longer be able to drive manual cars in the future. And although gadgets ensure entertainment, they also provide driving’s greatest risk; distraction.